Sunday, October 2, 2011

10/2/2011 – The hip flexor again!

I am thankful that I have been able to stay mostly injury free for the past couple of years. Although I wonder if I’m training hard enough, perhaps not pushing close enough to the limit. Well wonder no more, my left hip flexor is telling me to back off and that is what I have done.
For the past 7 days I have not run or biked (except to ride to the pool) while my hip flexor seemingly shows no improvement. It is times like this that the doubt starts creeping in. “Is that as hard as I can train?” or “I’ll never meet my goals with this body.” ARGH!
I can train harder, but not at 180 pounds. I read an article on the dive down south to visit my Daughter and meet her new gal-pal-Kal’. The article said to cut and paste your head onto you favorite triathlete’s body. So I’ll post that when I get to it. It should be good for a laugh and help me get down to 160.

Goals
It’s all about goals. I have accomplished everything I set out to do in my life, which like being injury free means I probably didn’t set my goals high enough (and I was always too fat…lol). Well I’m pretty sure that my Ironman goals are high enough and weather or not I accomplish them, I am going to do something that I see nobody around me doing. Something lacking in the public at large:
I’m going to find out just what I’m made of. How far I can go, how tough I am. When I die I’m damn sure going to be tired!

No comments: