Thursday, March 18, 2010

2.5 days left to the LA Matathon

The adversity just does not stop.  I have had a cold for a few days now, nothing to concerning, but I learned today that my youngest daughter has Strep Throat, so I am a little concerned for the both of us.  I'll take whatever leftover anitbiotics we have around the house tonight and tomorrow morning to give my body a little help with the battle. 

The weather is predicted to be mid 70's, which is great for the spectators, but not so great for us runners that have been training all winter.  Above 65 degrees you can expect to run up to 2 minutes per mile slower, that will be humbling to say the least.

My 4 hour goal is going to be tougher that I thought, I am going to run it, the question is how well, and how miserable it's going to be.

On a higher note:
I have attemted to set up the LA matathon tracking system to automatically update my blog, so race progress updates should be forthcoming here, facebook and twitter!  Gotta love SN.

NGU!!!

No comments: