Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oct 12 2010

As I run for hours on end I think about odd things. Last Tuesday I contemplated how lucky I was to be an introvert and how beneficial that was to my training. I look forward to the hours of solitude that running provides me and the mental cleansing that gets me prepared for my workday.

Then Thursday as I dodged a car driver hurrying to work I contemplated mortality and the many friends and family I had lost the past two years. I somehow likened those losses to endurance training and how each of those would prepare me for the inevitable more difficult losses I may have to endure in the future.

On a brighter note I thought today a I read Karno's 50/50 book how cool it would be to run marathon some day with my, now 5 yr. old, daughter Katie; one more for the Bucket List

NGU!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: