Tuesday, February 14, 2012

So Things are Looking Positive Again

 
So things are looking positive again after a long on again off again relationship with my left hip flexor(s).  I building my running back up and am currently at 25 per week which is pretty easy for me.  I think I ‘ll look for around 30 or 35 as a base running mileage while I get my weight problem figured out.
Yes I have a weight problem.  I have been a “chubby” guy most of my life and when I set out to be a triathlete the pounds quickly dropped off from 220 to 165.  Great! Right?  Well I also have a 141 IQ and with all that brain power I quickly learned how to exercise 2+ hours a day and still gain weight; a master of compensation.  As I sit right now I am 180, 5 or 6 of that weight is water retention after the Tour De Palm Springs Century ride I did a couple of days ago, but even 175 is a problem.  At 5 foot 10.5 inches tall I need to get down to 160-ish.
Ok back to the positives, I rode my 2nd century ride this past Saturday it was 102.8 miles and I completed it in 5 hours and 21 minutes.  A very respectable time considering all of the traffic signals in Palm Springs.  My average speed including all of the stops was 19.3MPH.  I now have the speed on the bike I need to reach Kona and I have the Marathon time.  I need to start competing more and LOOSE SOME *^%&% WEIGHT~!

No comments: