Sunday, August 23, 2009

-210

I won my desert race today. Rode the last 40 miles on a flat front
tire. Tough!

I am celebrating! 3 more wins to make expert.

Sent from my iPhone

I owe you a decent report, so here ya go:

It was what it was. It was about a perfect weekend. We missed our family; It wasn’t the same without them. We sat without needing to speak, we talked too. It is such a calm experience hanging with someone that IS you. Thanks for coming this weekend kiddo.

Well the “official” results aren’t out yet but the finisher board had me finishing 1st in my classification. That should reduce the number of required transfers to 3 for an expert plate. I rode the last 40 miles on a flat front tire. Now I know why most guys that pit with a flat front tire quit. It was a tough call to go back out into the desert rocks with a lame machine. It was a tough ride. But wait I have data...

The data is surprising. My max heart rate recorded during they race was 10 bpm greater than I have ever experienced. Before today I thought my Maximum heart rate was 170, but it hit 180 during the race today. The data indicates that this race was equal to at least triple my normal workout. Time in cardio zone 5 was an incredible 1 hour and 28 minutes, zone 4 was 45 minutes. What this ultimately means is that, at least from a cardio point of view, I have the capacity to significantly up my game, and that the dicision to quit racing sould be revisited.

Ahh, mountain bike on Monday - blis.

There is no way your weekend was as better than mine, but I hope it was AS good. C YAHh!

No comments: