Sunday, August 16, 2009

Road to Ironman 2013 Begins TODAY!

Hi my name is Dan Wilson. I am not really that into fitness but I love to ride. I ride my mountain bike nearly every day for about 65 to 70 minutes. I race off road motorcycle races on about half of the weekends 20 plus races a year. A friend has started calling me Rider. I like that call sign.

Today is 8/16/2009 the first day of training for Ironman 2013. My short term goal is the LA Marathon March 21 2010. So for a while now that will be my focus. I decided not to quit racing yet, as I have a couple more goals to achieve there too. Since I have never been a runner my goal this morning is a slow easy jog for about an hour with no distance in mind. Wish me luck!

I walked about 1/8 mile to the end of my street and picked the line where the old road met the new road and started to run. It wasn't what I expected, as I crossed that line my eyes welled up and I thought I am really going to do this. I ran 6.26 mile in 62 minutes; maybe a rider can become a runner.

No comments: