Thursday, September 24, 2009

178 Days to the LA Marathon

I took some extra time at lunch today and rode 16.6 miles in the 90+ degree heat. I’m learning that when training as much as I have been I can feel the effects of sleep and nutrition more than before. I could tell that the ½ peanut butter and banana sandwich that I ate a 530am had worn off by 10am when I went riding. I can also feel that some protein right after a workout cuts the recovery time dramatically. I have read that when you start to train more that you learn more about your body, its recovery period, nutritional needs etc; I am finding that true now that I have pushed my training over 8 hours a week. My goal is to be training 12hrs a week within the next two weeks. I’ll be adding an hour of swimming to the routine three time a week or more.

Never Give Up!

No comments: