Tuesday, September 1, 2009

201 Days to the LA Marathon

Unfortunately there won't be any work today.  The fires in the LA mountains are covering the Desert in smoke.  I think its best that I sit it out for a couple of days.  I am taking a moto trip up to Kennedy Meadows in a couple of days, hopefully the air up there will be clean.

Here are my stats for the month, kind of so so.  On the negetive side, I need to get my weight under control, but on the positive side my resting heart rate is looking good!  I'll do better next month.

I signed up for the LA Marathon this morning, so I am commited ($125 bucks worth at least).  My formal Marathon training starts 11/16/2009, so I have a few more weeks to slack off like I have been lately.

How about a Tip of the Day, Slacker?
When someone unexpectantly "snaps" at you, give them some space, they could probably use a little "slack."

Have a great day.


Weight184.5
BMI25.7 (FAT)
Running41 Miles6:35 Hours
Biking201 Miles18:07 Hours
Swimming00
Resting Heart Rate37
Totals 241 Miles24:42 Hours

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Dan! I'm impressed!
I just finished my first ever 10K in June and that was hard for me. Took me 6 months of training to get up to running 6 miles. I can't even imagine the mental and physical challenges that you face to train for the Ironman, but I applaud you!
Keep up the good work! Your resting HR is unbelievable!

Alice
(Tina's HS friend)